Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Just in

Low Interest Emergency Physical Loss Loans Available for 16 Idaho Counties with Assistance to Producers in Surrounding States

Boise – U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency Acting Administrator Chris Beyerhelm today announced that physical loss loans are now available for 16 counties in Idaho. 

Farmers that have suffered major property damage caused by blizzard, excessive snow, excessive rain, freeze, flooding, flash flooding and high winds that started on Dec. 22, 2016 to now, are eligible for emergency loans.

The FSA's Physical Loss Notification has been issued for Adams, Benewah, Blaine, Bonner, Boundary, Butte, Custer, Gooding, Jerome, Kootenai, Lemhi, Lincoln, Payette, Shoshone, Twin Falls and Washington counties as the primary damaged area.

Additionally, 16 Idaho counties are next door to these designated disaster areas, are also eligible for programs based on this disaster designation. The contiguous counties are: Bingham, Boise, Camas, Canyon, Cassia, Clark, Clearwater, Elmore, Gem, Idaho, Jefferson, Latah, Minidoka, Owyhee, Power and Valley.

The following contiguous counties in surrounding states are also eligible for emergency loans:

Montana:  Beaverhead, Lincoln, Mineral, Ravalli and Sanders counties
Nevada:  Elko County
Oregon:  Baker, Malheur and Wallowa counties
Washington:  Pend Oreille, Spokane and Whitman counties

Emergency loans may be made available to any applicant with a qualifying loss in the counties named above. Approval is limited to applicants who suffered severe physical losses only.

Physical loss loans may be made to eligible farmers and ranchers to repair or replace damaged or destroyed physical property essential to the success of the agriculture operation, including livestock losses. Examples of property commonly affected include essential farm buildings, fixtures to real estate, equipment, livestock, perennial crops, fruit and nut bearing trees, and harvested or stored crops and hay.

Producers in eligible counties have eight months from the date of the declaration to apply for loans for physical losses.

Please contact FSA for more information on loan eligibility and the application process. FSA office information is available at http://offices.usda.gov. Additional FSA disaster assistance program information is available at http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov.

No comments:

House Passes Interior Bill with Idaho Priorities

Simpson authored provisions would benefit Idaho and the West Washington,- The House of Representatives passed the fiscal year 2019 Inter...