Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Just in


Sydney Butler named Miss Rodeo Idaho

Nampa--Sydney Butler, 21 of Boise was named Miss Rodeo Idaho at the Conclusion of the Snake River Stampede in Nampa over the weekend.

After five long days of scorching heat, dust and stiff competition Butler was crowned, she says Miss Rodeo Idaho was the culmination of hard work and dreams.

"I really didn’t know how it was going during the competition," said Butler. " I did know I did my best all week and I was proud of for that but I wasn’t sure If I had it in the bag. But they started listing off categories winners and one by one and slowly I kept checking them off in my mind and when they called my name, it was just surreal. I had so many friends and family there supporting and was just a burst of family and friends. There were hugs all around, and then they had to get all of these pictures and it was a whirlwind."

Butler says her favorite part of the competition involved dust, the arena and riding skills and adds it was also the hardest.

"My favorite event was horsemanship, its the event I worked the hardest for and I actually ended up winning that category so that was exciting for me. We rode horses we had never seen before, so here we were in the horsemanship contest on horses that we’ve never ridden.  We had to do a pattern on one horse and then got on another horse and then we did some rail work, but it was really fun. It was  competitive and all the girls did well but I was lucky to pull it off," she said.

The recent college graduate won things she'll value all her life, a trophy saddle and a chance to further her education.

"First off, Simplot generously donated a saddle. The former miss Rodeo Idaho sponsored a bridle, headstall. Overall I won $5500 in scholarships sponsored by a few individuals and the Snake River Stampede and the Miss Rodeo Board. I walked away with some jewelry from Dales jewelry. So lots of pretty things, lots of useful things and the scholarships, its all so amazing and I'm thankful," said Butler.

From here on Sydney says she'll take a week off and then hit the road with a new perspective.

"As of now Im still a lady in waiting to the Miss Rodeo Idaho. I will go down and support her at the Miss Rodeo America pageant in Vegas in December before taking over the crown myself in January. From there I'll be going to rodeos, school visits and media interviews. I'll have talking appearances all over the state and  the nation, traveling with the other state Queens. It will all culminate with the Miss Rodeo America pageant down in Las Vegas in December of 2018," said Butler.

The Miss Rodeo Idaho in waiting, says the honor hasn't fully set in.

"It's incredible and I can’t wait to represent the State of Idaho, the Snake River Stampede and Miss Rodeo Idaho. Next year I'm wondering if I need a job to hold me over in the mean time, but I'll be plenty busy," she said.


No comments:

Just in

New Office opened in Emmett Emmett--There's a new home for Farm Bureau Insurance in Gem County. Stu Barrett and Dusty Bryant cut t...